What will I do as a member? As members, we will read from the Florida Teens Read selection of 15 books chosen by teens and librarians from across the state. See a description of each book below. Together, we will vote to choose Florida's favorite teen book of the year.
Note on campus: Our FTR book club & contest starts Quarter 2, October 13. Don't wait to read, though. We have many great books in our library media center and one perfect for you. Stop in, say hi, and get recommendations.
Note eLearners: If you are learning at home this year, use the same form on the right and request an FTR book. Arrangements will be made for pickup. We will also have an eBook for most of our selection found in our Destiny Discover catalog. Click the catalog and eBooks. Open one from our list of books.
1. Fill in the form (right), and in the comment box, indicate that you wish to join the club. Submit and you will be contacted via your email address.
2. Once our books arrive, check out an FTR book from the library, or find the eBook in the Destiny Discover catalog. Not all FTR books are available in eBook format.
3. Read a minimum of three out of the 15 Florida Teens Read books. If you are unhappy with your choice, return and choose another. Every book is not for everybody.
4. After completing a book, post your comments on our book club blog. See the FTR comment button on the HOME page or click here.
5. Come to the circulation desk to receive your book pin/tag as a gift after commenting. These pin/tags are fun for your lanyard or bookbag.
6. Check out your next book. Repeat.
7. Participate in our end of contest party, vote for your favorite FTR book, and receive a gift book for helping us select Florida's favorite state-wide teen book!
8. If you read 10 or more FTR books, you will be eligible to win a $25.00 gift certificate to Barnes and Noble.
We will pick from a hat:) It pays to read!
We love readers and will be so excited to have you as a member!
Florida Teens Read
for your lanyard each time
you complete an FTR book