What will I do as a member? As members, we will read from the Florida Teens Read selection of 15 books chosen by teens and librarians from across the state. See a description of each book below. Together, we will vote to choose Florida's favorite teen book of the year.
1. Sign up by coming to the media center or emailing Mrs. Roff.
2. Check out an FTR book from the library, or find the eBook in our Destiny Discover catalog (Homepage) Not all FTR books are available in eBook format.
3. Read a minimum of three out of the 15 Florida Teens Read books. If you are unhappy with your choice, return and choose another. Every book is not for everybody.
4. Write a review for each book you complete in our FTR Reviews journal on display in the media center.
A. What is your opinion of the book and why? Try to write several sentences really explaining your view. What did you take away from reading the book about life, love, people, or other?
B. Rate the book 1-5 stars. Submit.
5. Return your book and receive your lanyard book tag as a gift. Ask for the tag at the circulation desk. See example.
6. Repeat. Check out your next book.
7. Eat with club members in the "members only" office any day. Bring lunch from home or the cafeteria. Cookie and candy treats will be in the FTR cabinet for your enjoyment. There is a small refrigerator. This is a good time to write your reviews, discuss books, and get to know one another. Come with a pass from your 5th period teacher if you'd like to join a different lunch from time to time. Encourage your friends to join us!
8. Vote for your favorite FTR book at our April after school party and receive a gift book for helping us select Florida's favorite state-wide teen book!
8. Win a 25.00 gift certificate to Barnes and Noble. by reading 8 or more FTR books. One name will be picked from the hat! Good luck!
We love readers and will be so excited to have you as a member!
See or email Mrs. Roff :
firstname.lastname@example.org if you have questions.
Florida Teens Read
for your lanyard each time
you complete an FTR book