What will I do as a member? As members, we will read from the Florida Teens Read selection of 15 books chosen by teens and librarians from across the state. See a description of each book below. Together, we will vote to choose Florida's favorite teen book of the year.
Note eLearners: If you are learning at home this year, email Mrs. Roff (right). Go to the Catalog and scroll down to eBooks. Choose one from our list of FTR books. Go to the HOME page and click the Comment button. Review the title you read.
1. Sign up by coming to the media center or emailing Mrs. Roff.
2. Check out an FTR book from the library, or find the eBook in our Destiny Discover catalog (Homepage) Not all FTR books are available in eBook format.
3. Read a minimum of three out of the 15 Florida Teens Read books. If you are unhappy with your choice, return and choose another. Every book is not for everybody.
4. After completing a book, post your comments in Destiny Discover. Watch the video on the upper right to learn how to review your book.
A. What is your opinion of the book and why? Try to write several sentences really explaining your view. What did you take away from reading the book about life, love, people, or other?
B. Rate the book 1-5 stars. Submit.
5. After commenting, return your book and receive your lanyard book tag as a gift. Ask for the tag at the circulation desk.
6. Check out your next book. Repeat.
7. If your teacher will allow, come and eat C lunch in the media center with your fellow members once a month. A permission slip for your teacher is available.
7. Vote for your favorite FTR book and receive a gift book for helping us select Florida's favorite state-wide teen book!
8. If you read 8 or more FTR books, you will be eligible to win a $25.00 gift certificate to Barnes and Noble. One name will be picked from the hat! It pays to read:)
We love readers and will be so excited to have you as a member!
See or email Mrs. Roff (email@example.com) if you have questions.
Stop in the media center or email Mrs. Roff to JOIN! firstname.lastname@example.org
Florida Teens Read
for your lanyard each time
you complete an FTR book