SUCCESS @ YOUR MHS LIBRARY MEDIA CENTER
Policies and Procedures: Students
1. Enter the library media center with your ID and a pass from your teacher.
2. Sign in completely: name, teacher, date, time.
3. Request a signature and time on your pass, sign out, and return it to your teacher upon departure.
4. Use the library media center with permission during school hours. During lunch a pass is not required.
1. Do not bring food or drink into the library media center.
2. Behavior that is disruptive to the learning environment of others using the media center is unacceptable.
- Use a low voice.
- Use the library media center for academic not social purposes.
- Be respectful of others.
3. Limit seating to four persons per table unless with a class or for special academic purposes.
1. Cell phones may be used for educational purposes only.
2. Listening to music with headphones while working is acceptable.
1. Sign in to a computer with ID number and personal password. See desk if one has not been set.
2. Unless with a class or given special permission, do not use the lab computers.
3. Use computers for educational NOT entertainment purposes.
5. Never abuse the LMC's computers. This activity can be traced.
6. Misuse will result in a referral.
1. Think before you print. Print only what you need. Color is available. Choose from printer drop down menu.
2. Copy/paste the desired portion of a website to a Word document and print. Reduce type for cheaper printing.
3. Follow #2 for printing images; they can then be re-sized.
4. Pick up printing at the circulation desk, 10 cents per page. Color pages are 25 centers. Use small bills or change.
5. Do not print if you cannot pay for your printing. Take notes instead or save properly and return to print at a later time.
1. The copy machine is 10 cents per page B/W and 25 cents per page color .
2. Talk to the media specialist if you are making more than 10 copies.
1. Checkout textbooks with your ID at the circulation desk.
2. Limit textbook checkout to ONE per class. Emergency checkouts are not permitted unless a teacher requests it for you.
3. Return semester textbooks upon completion of course.
4. Expect to pay for a lost, stolen, or damaged textbook borrowed under your ID and the textbook’s barcode number.
5. Use and return textbooks for in-LMC study purposes. ID required.
1. Limit checkout to three books.
2. Return per date on your due date card located inside the book.
3. Expect a charge of 10 cents per day past the due date.
4. Expect to pay for a lost, stolen, or damaged library book borrowed under your ID and the library book’s barcode number.
5. Return library books to the slot next to the copy machine.
Borrowed Materials and Debt
1. View your account by logging into the Destiny catalog, upper right corner: ID number and last name.
See MY INFO tab. See list of borrowed, late, and debt (if any).
2. See on your account page ALL debt including clubs, media center, textbooks, and more.
3. Pay library debt at the circulation desk. Pay textbook debt at the Bookkeeper's office, main building.